Let’s be honest, the holiday’s really start with Halloween. It’s the season to dress up, get together with friends, and indulge in your favorite pumpkin spice baked goods and chocolate covered candy.
However, you’ve worked hard on your health all year long and you shouldn’t have to sacrifice your personal health goals for one night of spook-tastic fun. With these five recipes, you don’t have to.
We've gathers our favorite Halloween-themed meals and snacks to get you through the rest of October. Each of these recipes features our beloved Primal Greens featuringa high-quality superfood, antioxidant, and adaptogenic mushroom blend that supports energy, digestion, immunity, and performance.
The best part about cooking with Primal Greens is that it is designed to instantly mix into any recipe with no bad aftertaste or pungent smell. So put on your costume, grab your greens powder, and meet us in the kitchen. We’re keeping the spirit of Halloween alive with these Top 5 Scarily Delicious Greens Recipes!
1. GREEN SLIME IMMUNE-BOOSTING SOUP
Here’s another savory and spooky one-pot-dish to add to your October line-up. Think Slimer from Ghostbusters! Loaded with superfoods like cayenne pepper, turmeric, and garlic, this soup will also strengthen your immune system as cold season approaches!
- 3 cup Baby spinach (or super greens mix)
1 scoop Primal Greens
- 1 clove peeled garlic
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger sliced
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp Ground turmeric
- 1 cup Chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup Coconut milk
- Pinch salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Squeeze of fresh lemon or lime juice
For this Ghostbusters-inspired soup...
- Put the ingredients into a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a large pot and warm over medium heat until desired temperature is achieved.
Decorating tip: Squeeze sour cream into a spider web shape and serve with plastic spiders on the side for the ultimate scare! Enjoy!
2. FRANKENSTEIN PANCAKES
Upgrade your favorite pancake recipe with a little help from a friendly monster. Your family will love these green, square shaped treats for breakfast (or any time)!
- Pancake Batter of Your Choice
1 ScoopPrimal Greens
- Chocolate Chips
- Syrup (Other options: Honey or agave)
For these monster-themed hot cakes...
- Combine Primal Greens powder with pancake batter and mix with fork until fully combined. Pour batter onto pan and cook pancakes until cooked all the way through.
- Once cooked, use sliced bananas and chocolate chips for the eyes and shape the rest of the face & hair with the remaining chocolate chips. Serve and enjoy!
Tip:Use a thicker pancake batter so it can be poured into a square shape for the full Frankenstein effect!
What’s more spine-chilling than eating an eight-legged creepy-crawler? These fat bomb truffles are a great way to indulge your sweet tooth and fill your belly!
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened medium-shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons Primal Greens
½ cupextra-virgin coconut oil, at room temperature
- Pretzel Sticks
- Unsweetened medium-shredded coconut
- Toppings: sesame seeds, matcha powder, cocoa powder
For these insect-inspired treats...
- Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Add coconut and greens powder to the bowl of your stand mixer (or a large bowl if using a handheld mixer).
- Mix until coconut is covered in greens, then add coconut oil. Mix until everything is combined. The mixture should hold together nicely.
- Scoop dough, about 1 tablespoon at a time, into the palm of your hand. Roll lightly and place on a prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough. Mixture should make 14 truffles.
- Decorate by rolling in more coconut (fuzzy spiders!) or any other additional topping for texture and press in pretzel sticks (can fit 3 per side usually) to look like legs!
- Once completed, transfer the baking sheet to the fridge to cool for 15 minutes. Serve & enjoy!
4. GREEN MONSTER PESTO PASTA
Halloween doesn’t have to be ALL sweets. This savory dish is perfect for a family of any size, or when entertaining a larger group. Your guests will love the eerie eyeball tomato topping and will surely be gobbling up every last bite!
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup Cashew nuts
- Large handful fresh basil
- 1/3 cup Grated parmesan cheese
- 3 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 2/3 cup Double cream
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup Spinach leaves
1 ScoopPrimal Greens
- 1 1/4 cup Pasta of your choice
- 12 Cherry tomatoes
- 24 Mozzarella pearls
- Handful of black olives
For this sinister crowd favorite...
- Cook the pasta following packet instructions.
- Peel the garlic cloves and place in a blender along with the cashew nuts, fresh basil, parmesan cheese, olive oil, double cream, lemon juice and salt.
- Blend together, then add half of the spinach leaves and blend again.
- Add the remaining spinach leaves and blend again until completely smooth.
Top with pearls of mozzarella and black olives made to look like creepy eyeballs!
5. SPOOKY GREEN GOBLIN SMOOTHIE
This recovery smoothie recipe really couldn’t be easier. Serve it in a fun Halloween goblet for the ultimate Halloween-themed healthy drink!
- 1 Banana (fresh or frozen)
1 ScoopPrimal Greens
- 1 Cup Orange Juice
- Handful of ice cubes
For this spooky start to the day...
Add all ingredients to a blender and pulse or blend until smooth. Top with theseedible googly eye sprinkles to make your drink come to life!