With the holidays fast approaching, there's plenty of planning, shopping, and organizing to be done.
When it comes to planning healthy holiday meals for loved ones, choosing simple and delicious options doesn't need to be complicated, stressful or pricey.
There are plenty of easy homemade recipes available that can conveniently replace many of the usual not-so-healthy holiday foods. With the right alternatives, you won't even be able to tell the difference!
One of our team's favorite holiday staples is a delicious, satisfying holiday eggnog. However, when you're trying to follow an anti-inflammatory diet and holistic supplement routine, indulging in too many cups of this heavy beverage can really set you back and provoke negative reactions in your body.
Why not swap out your traditional eggnog recipe and try this healthy collagen eggnog instead?
Gluten-free, dairy-free, and soy-free, this recipe is very simple to follow and features health-boosting collagen peptides and spices to keep you feeling your best throughout the holidays, without feeling left out.
Looking to spice things up even more? Try adding a bit of liquor to this recipe for a healthier boozy Christmas party option.
EASY HOLIDAY COLLAGEN EGGNOG
PREPARES: 4 SERVINGS
- 1 scoop Primal Harvest collagen
- 3 1/2 cups oat milk (or any plant-based milk, like almond or soy)
- 2/3 cup organic stevia (or any natural sweetener, like agave; or to taste)
- 1 tbsp canola oil (or any other neutral-flavored natural oil)
- 1/3 tsp nutmeg (or to taste)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (or to taste)
- 1/3 tsp cinnamon (or to taste)
- Combine all ingredients and pour into a blender.
- Blend on high for approximately 2 minutes until mixture is smooth, creamy, foamy, and all sugar has dissolved completely.
- Heat, if desired, and pour into a glass with a sprinkle of cinnamon and nutmeg, and a dollop of coconut whipped cream!
- Optional: Oil is meant to add creamy texture but can be omitted.
DO YOU HAVE A FAVORITE FESTIVE BEVERAGE YOU'D LIKE TO SEE TRANSFORMED INTO A HEALTHIER RECIPE OPTION? COMMENT AWAY BELOW AND LET US KNOW!
IT'S ABOUT YOU. IT'S ABOUT YOUR HEALTH. IT'S ABOUT RECONNECTING.