Fueling your insides with lots of natural goodness is so important.
The perfect approach to healthy aging is a holistic one! What does this mean? It means combining all elements of strong health, including mental, physical, and emotional health.
Working with your body and not against it can help you to take years off your age and help you feel and look your absolute best! As much as a good skincare regime can help minimize some fine lines and wrinkles, it's important to remember that feeling youthful and vibrant goes far deeper than the surface level.
When it comes to staying healthy and youthful, a healthy diet and lifestyle really is paramount!
Here are just a few foods proven to be excellent additions to any healthy aging diet!
Avocados are packed full of vitamin E and also help skin to regenerate and remain hydrated and glowing. Avocados also are crammed full of antioxidants that help to protect your skin and promote a radiant complexion. Even better, these healthy fats can even make your hair shiny and healthy!
Red cabbages are filled with antioxidants that can help protect against premature skin damage, such as fine lines and wrinkles.
Red wine enthusiasts will be pleased to hear that this beverage is packed full of natural antioxidants. Red grapes may also help as a powerful healthy aging element due to their ‘resveratrol’ compound. Be sure to drink in moderation!
Hemp oil contains a rich mix of essential amino and fatty acids but it also
contains high levels of vitamin E, an essential anti-aging component.
If you enjoy dark chocolate, there's no need to feel guilty next time you indulge! Providing you choose dark chocolate with at least 70% cocoa, the right amounts of dark chocolate can potentially help enhance mood, skin, hair, and more. This is because it’s full of B vitamins and incredible skin-boosting antioxidants. Don’t over indulge though... Only small amounts are considered good for your health.
Aging gracefully is all about retaining that zest for life and for feeling less tired. Try some cinnamon! This amazing spice is a natural stimulant with many healthy aging benefits that can warm and kick-start your system, leaving you feeling more energized.
Blueberries have so many health benefits, including high amounts of vitamin C. Vitamin C aids circulation and helps the body naturally combat the aging process. Because it is also high in potassium, it can help to combat fluid retention and puffiness.
Spinach and beans
Spinach and beans are also excellent choices for any anti-aging diet, because they contain compound minerals that help combat wear and tear of skin cells.
Blueberries and dark cherries
Berries, especially dark cherries, raspberries, and blueberries, are excellent sources of anti-wrinkle elements. The polyphenols in these berries can help improve the skin’s elasticity and prevent sagging.
If you haven’t tried mustard seeds before, it may be a great time to do so! These seeds contain a lot of naturally youth-preserving vitamin E and many other essential nutrients.
If you've over-indulged in the sun in your younger years, it may be a good idea to increase your intake of sweet potatoes! This delicious orange treat is high in antioxidants and can help fight the damage caused by the suns rays.
The Holistic Approach To A Healthy Aging Diet
In addition to choosing healthy food types, it’s also important to pay close attention to other healthy lifestyle factors that can lead to premature aging. Here are just a few tips that may work for you:
Eat regularly and to enjoy a healthy breakfast and lunch each day. If you tend to overeat at night, try eating less in the evenings and finish off with a light healthy dinner instead.
- Drink plenty of fresh water to keep your skin hydrated and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Reduce the amount of caffeine and alcohol that you consume, or eliminate completely.
- A great way to start the day is by having a glass of water with a slice of lemon, because it helps awaken a sluggish system, kickstarts digestion, and can make you feel more energized.
- Try to stay physically active and get moving whenever you can. A fit body means healthier and tighter skin and can even extend your life expectancy.
- Aim for at least 7 hours of sleep per night. Getting enough quality sleep enables you to heal and regenerate your cells.
- Don’t lie outside without covering up your skin with a good sunscreen. The sun causes so much damage to your skin and as you get older, this damage will become much more apparent.
- If you smoke, do everything you can to quit smoking, as it's one of the worst habits for your skin and overall health.
- Having a positive attitude towards life and enjoying every single day can leave you feeling remarkably younger and remind you that beauty is only skin deep. A positive approach coupled with relaxation techniques to help eliminate stress is one of the best things you can do for longevity!
WE HOPE YOU ENJOYED LEARNING ABOUT SOME OF THESE HOLISTIC HEALTHY AGING LIFESTYLE HABITS!
Share away in the comments below. We would love to hear from you.
IT'S ABOUT YOU. IT'S ABOUT YOUR HEALTH. IT'S ABOUT RECONNECTING.