Since our gut is tied so closely to the rest of our body’s functions, it’s important to keep it clean and healthy. Try this bone broth recipe for a full-on gut cleanse to kickstart your new wellness routine!
- 2 chicken frames, without meat, about 3 pounds of chicken bones (or 1 turkey frame)
- 2-3 stalks celery, washed and cut into large chunks
- 2 small onions, peeled and cut into quarters
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 2 medium carrots, peeled or scrubbed and cut into large chunks
- 1-inch piece of fresh ginger
- 6-10 peppercorns (red or pink optional)
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 quarts filtered water, more or less, to cover bones and to fill the inner pot just below fill line
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- Few sprigs of fresh thyme, ½ teaspoon dried
- 1 tbsp. salt
- Wash and cut vegetables
- Place bones, vegetables, herbs, and vinegar into the inner pot.
- Add enough water to cover the bones and vegetables in the pot.
- Place lid on Instant Pot and lock into place.
- Flip vent valve to ‘Sealing’.
- Select ‘Manual’ setting and adjust the time to 120 minutes.
- When cooking is done, allow pressure to release naturally (10-20 minutes).
- Release any residual pressure using the vent valve before removing the lid.
- Allow the liquid to cool slightly before straining.
- Using a fine mesh strainer, strain the liquid and discard cooked vegetables.
- Pour into mason jars and store for up to 5 days.
WHAT DID YOU THINK ABOUT THIS GUT-LOVING BONE BROTH RECIPE? LET US KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW OR CONNECT WITH US ON SOCIAL MEDIA @PRIMALHARVEST TO SHARE YOUR OWN RECIPES AND IDEAS!
IT'S ABOUT YOU. IT'S ABOUT YOUR HEALTH. IT'S ABOUT RECONNECTING.
Recipe adapted from You Make It Simple.