Who doesn’t love cookies? These little pieces of perfection have the power to fix a broken heart and the potential to make any bad day instantly better. Cookies are the ultimate comfort food – but looking at the ingredients of regular cookies, we’d rather not be caught with our hands in the cookie jar.
How about indulging in a sweet treat minus the guilty conscience or breaking up with your diet? Bake your day a little better with a fresh batch of these good-for-you Ginger-Turmeric Cookies. Fluffy tenderness meets wellness benefits and a deliciously creamy coconut frosting. Truth be told, this is one smart cookie!
What are the benefits?
- Low-carb & gluten-free
- Great for 'keto-friendly' recipes
- Adds a rich flavor
- More protein than regular flour
- Excellent source of magnesium
- Less fat-laden than some alternatives
- Great source of protein
- Rich in iron & selenium
- Low-calorie and low-sugar
- Dairy-free & vegan milk option
- Plant-based calcium source
- Rich in vitamin E & good fats
- Powerful antioxidant agent
- Supports whole body wellness
- Supports healthy inflammatory responses
- Great for digestion & metabolism
- Contains gingerol, a powerful health ingredient
- Can help soothe nausea & upset stomach
- Great for muscle aches & soreness
- Supports holistic health
- Contains vitamin B5
- Less calories than honey
- Contains antioxidants
Contains riboflavin, zinc, magnesium, and potassium
Guilt-Free Ginger Turmeric Cookies
For the frosting:
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- ½ cup cashew butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ almond milk
- 1 tbsp. tapioca starch
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. ground turmeric
- 2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cups coconut cream (we recommend full-fat)
- ¼ cup tapioca starch
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat
- Mix together all ingredients in a large bowl until you get the typical cookie dough texture
- Use a tablespoon to scoop balls of cookie dough and place them 2 inches apart on the baking sheet. Slightly flatten them with a spoon or your fingers
- Bake for 15 minutes and let them cool for 10 minutes
- Mix coconut cream with tapioca starch until you get a thick icing
- Put in the refrigerator to cool
- Once the cookies are cooled, spread icing over each cookie, sprinkle with a dash of ground turmeric and serve immediately.
Get comfortable, grab a glass of your favorite milk, and embrace this little treat 😀!
IT'S ABOUT YOU. IT'S ABOUT YOUR HEALTH. IT'S ABOUT RECONNECTING.