Although beauty is only skin deep, we still want to look and feel our best. And that's okay!
There is plenty of beauty and confidence that comes with growing older and feeling more comfortable in your skin. Sadly, sagging facial muscles are not one of those beauties.
Sagging muscles can make you appear older than you are and although we can't turn back the clock, there are some simple exercises we can add to our routine to strengthen our face and neck muscles every day.
Whilst there is no doubt that sagging, drooping skin is a natural side- effect of aging, facial exercises really can help in many ways!
Common indicators of sagging skin include:
Sagging jaw line
Mouth starting to turn down
Development of a double chin
If you want to tighten up these muscles a bit, then creating a facial muscle exercise regime may help prevent the muscles from lengthening and sagging further.
If you want to give it a try, you can start by simply massaging your face with your hands. Gentle stroking of your face over your forehead and with both hands smoothing across the cheeks can do wonders! Don’t drag too harshly at the skin and add your favorite facial moisturizer for best results, as this will help hydrate your skin at the same time.
1. Sit upright with open eyes. Raise your eyebrows whilst gently lowering the top eyelid down. This stretches the eye area. Keep in this position for a count of five and repeat the process five times.
2. Sit with eyes open. Look up and then down without moving your head. Repeat this for ten times and then again but looking left to right for a further ten counts.
3. Sit upright and then tilt your head back so that you are looking up to the ceiling. Keep your mouth closed and whilst in that position, begin a chewing movement. You will instantly begin to feel the stretch across your throat and neck. Repeat ten times.
4. Sit upright and then tilt your head back so that you are looking up at the ceiling. Your lips will be closed but your eyes are open. Once in position, draw your bottom lip up over your top lip and hold for a count of five. Relax and then repeat five times.
5. Sit up right and focus on bringing your forehead into a frown. Hold the position for a few seconds and then reverse, lifting your eyebrows up as far as you can and opening the eyes into a stare. Hold for a count of five and then repeat the process.
There are many different types of facial exercises and they can actually be pretty relaxing and enjoyable! Even better, they take very little time to do each day and are completely free! We hope you will enjoy these facial exercises!
Share away in the comments below. We would love to hear from you and thanks for being a part of our Primal Harvest Tribe.
IT'S ABOUT YOU. IT'S ABOUT YOUR HEALTH. IT'S ABOUT RECONNECTING.